Friday, June 11, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to the Random Guy's Sports Blog. My name is Tyler. I'm posting this first blog to introduce readers to myself and what I will be talking about.

First off, myself. I'm a junior at Baylor University, currently majoring in journalism. Despite this, the last time I wrote about sports continuously was high school, so this blog is long overdue. I'm from Houston, so my favorite teams are the Rockets, Astros, and Texans, and I also root for the Texas schools in college basketball and football. This bias may come out every now and then in my blogs.

If you walked in my apartment at any given time of day, the TV would probably be set to ESPN. I watch SportsCenter every day and watch a lot of sports commentary shows (Around the Horn, PTI, Sportsnation) and draw a lot of my information from these shows, as well as ESPN.com.

Besides sports, I'm also a big video game nut. Right now I'm big on Call on Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which I play probably every day with friends back home. I'm doing this quite often lately because I'm in Waco for summer school, while all my friends are back in Houston, so really watching sports and playing video games is all I can do. I miss my friends back home and hope to hang out with them after summer school and before the fall semester starts.


ContentMy blogs will always be about sports and sometimes the outside issues surrounding them. Having said that, I'm just not interested in some sports or leagues. My favorite sport is football, NFL and NCAA, and typically this is the sport I'm most passionate about. I also love the MLB, NBA, and college basketball.

I do not talk about college baseball, hockey, tennis, or NASCAR, because these just do not interest me whatsoever. I do enjoy soccer. I would probably rank it as my 4th favorite sport, behind football, baseball, basketball, but the problem is there's so many leagues that I just don't have the ability to follow it completely. I am very interested in the World Cup though, and many of my upcoming blogs will probably be about it.

Well this is the end of my introduction blog. For those who read this, I love to hear other people's opinions on sports, even if they do not agree with mine. If anyone would like to talk sports or suggest topics I can talk about, let me know, and be sure to follow me on Twitter. twitter.com/TXler

No comments:

Post a Comment